Senior SAS Programmer
About the Job:
For this role we are looking for strong technical applicants with experience in SAS programming and SQL. Rather than clinical research projects this role will work across real world evidence projects.
This role would suit experienced programmers who want to get experrience in life sciences.
About the Organisation:
Quanticate is the world leading data-focussed CRO, and we often work with our customers on their complicated clinical trials which require a high level of statistical programming input. We need talented individuals to help us fulfil our customers’ needs.
Our customers range from top global pharmaceutical companies where you can work as an integrated team member on a world leading clinical programme, to small biotech’s that are taking their first steps in clinical development
We strongly advocate career development providing membership to professional societies, encouraging your involvement in their activities and committees. Together we can help you build the career you want – developing your skills, working on challenging problems, to ultimately develop clinical therapies that matter.
- Technical expertise in support of project deliveries and training development of Programming personnel.
- Provide project, technical support and line management support in the preparation and review of high-quality programming deliverables and documentation, as well as the processes and standards required, to both colleagues and clients.
- Provide high quality, timely support that conforms to current Quanticate (or client-specific) Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and processes, as well as applicable regulatory requirements and/or guidelines on behalf of the client.
- Ensure high levels of customer care are provided.
- Expert technical proficiency in the handling of large datasets.
- Use longitudinal databases (Administrative medical and pharmacy claims databases, Electronic Medical Records, Survey data).
- Create training materials as per guidance
- Deliver excellent customer care in support of genuine value and a great customer experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical and pharmaceutical drug development and associated ICH/GCP guidelines.
- Excellent knowledge of pharmaceutical industry standards
- Comprehensive understanding of current Quanticate, and client-specific SOPs and processes, as well as applicable regulatory requirements and/or client related guidelines.
- Participate in new macro creations as per guidance.
- Work on complex projects (study type) and contribute to publications/regulatory submissions.
- To develop custom programming code to generate summary tables, listings, graphs and derived datasets as defined in the request description, Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP) or study protocol using SAS or any other software.
- To develop custom programming code to generate statistical models as defined in the request description, SAP or study protocol
- To set new priority goals provided by management, balancing the scheduled activities and time, to ensure all work is completed to a high quality, on time and within budget.
- Attend internal meetings, minutes to be recorded promptly and shared with all participants and follow up on action items till their completion without losing focus on future meetings, programming requirements and deadlines.
- Maintenance of project documentation, quality control documents and programs conforming to audit readiness.
- Mentor new programmers by developing training courses, presenting training materials, reviewing work and providing feedback.
- Ability to work with different functions, and across global sites as required.
- Perform other reasonable programming tasks as requested by management.
- Follow appropriate Project Management procedures.
- Work to the appropriate standards of the project.
- Ability to work independently as a programmer.
- Provide programming expertise and support within the function on programming standards, processes and procedures.
- Actively look for ways to increase efficiency.
- Provide high quality deliverables and appropriate communication to the client within expected timelines and budget.
- Provide technical input on study design, database selection, Real World Data (RWD) algorithms and best practices in RWD utilization.
- Excellent understanding of Outcomes Research (OR) macros
- Ability to represent the Company at external conferences, forums and working groups from a clinical programming perspective.
- Contribute and facilitate SAS training and workshops and other programming-related training sessions as applicable.
- To be responsible and accountable for daily and accurate completion of timesheets.
Key Contacts/Relationships (Internal & External)
Has a close working relationship with the Programming Department, Line Manager, HR and other functional staff.
Work closely with OR team members, the project study teams for the successful delivery of programming activities.
Interaction with Client Point of Contact (PoC) and interaction with Project Requestor/Statisticians/Data Scientists to complete various programming activities. To fulfil this role, the Senior Programmer I may be required to participate in project team meetings and be responsive on an ad hoc basis.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a numerate discipline.
- Basic understanding of statistical models used in OR and being able to adapt statistical analysis code for the OR programming
- Should have PC skills, good knowledge of statistical software packages (particularly SAS), good knowledge of SQL, good organisational skills, good communication skills (oral and written), good analytical skills and attention to detail.
At Quanticate, our people are our focus, as we understand that they are the key to our success. We strongly believe in work-life balance by offering flexible working arrangements, competitive salary, excellent benefits package and access to tools and computing systems including both SAS and R.