About the Job:
For this role we are looking for strong technical applicants with experience in SAS programming and SQL. Rather than clinical research projects this role will work across real world evidence projects.
This role would suit experienced programmers who want to get experience in life sciences.
About the Organisation:
Quanticate is the world leading data-focused CRO, and we often work with our customers on their complicated clinical trials which require a high level of statistical programming input. We need talented individuals to help us fulfil our customers’ needs.
Our customers range from top global pharmaceutical companies where you can work as an integrated team member on a world leading clinical program, to small biotech’s that are taking their first steps in clinical development
We strongly advocate career development providing membership to professional societies, encouraging your involvement in their activities and committees. Together we can help you build the career you want – developing your skills, working on challenging problems, to ultimately develop clinical therapies that matter.
- Further development of knowledge of SAS and advanced SQL, good programming practices and numerous Real World Data (RWD) databases.
- Ability to manage time and keep Client informed about project progress.
- Ensure high levels of customer care are provided.
- Review available resources to find required information
- Use and manipulate data stored in SQL database.
- Ability to understand and modify SAS macros.
- Use longitudinal databases (Administrative medical and pharmacy claims databases, Electronic Medical Records).
- Technical experience in handling large datasets.
- Basic understanding of statistical models used in Outcomes Research (OR)
- Ability to ask questions effectively.
- Undertake training as directed by line management and mentor.
- Deliver excellent customer care in support of genuine value and a great customer experience.
- Provide high quality deliverables and appropriate communication to the client within expected timelines.
- Program tables, figures and listings and derived datasets according to the request description.
- Perform quality control checks and complete quality control documentation for programming plans, specifications, outputs/derived datasets.
- Perform other reasonable programming tasks as requested by management.
- Demonstrate understanding of current Quanticate, and client-specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and processes, as well as applicable regulatory requirements and/or guidelines on behalf of the client.
- Follow appropriate Project Management procedures.
- Work to the appropriate standards of the project.
- Communicate effectively with OR team.
- Provide input to improvements to processes, procedures and standards.
- Support the training and development of other programmers.
- Mentor Graduate programmers
- To be responsible and accountable for daily and accurate completion of timesheets.
Key Contacts/Relationships (Internal & External)
Work closely with the Programming Department, OR team members, mentor and line manager.
Interaction with Client Point of Contact (PoC) and limited interaction with Project Requestor/Statisticians/Data Scientists to complete various programming activities. Programmer II may be required to participate in project team meetings and be responsive on an ad hoc basis.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a numerate discipline.
- Should have PC skills, good knowledge of statistical software packages (particularly SAS), good knowledge of SQL, good organisational skills, good communication skills (oral and written), good analytical skills and attention to detail.
At Quanticate, our people are our focus, as we understand that they are the key to our success. We strongly believe in work-life balance by offering flexible working arrangements, competitive salary, excellent benefits package and access to tools and computing systems including both SAS and R.